4 Tips for Hosting a Fundraising Golf Event
Hosting a golf tournament fundraiser is a challenging task, particularly because these events are high profile. The best part is that it is a brilliant approach to generate substantial amounts of money in a short duration, but you need the support of a fundraising committee and a bunch of sponsors. In this blog, we will walk you through the four proven tips for hosting a successful golf event.
Defining the Mission and Staffing
With fundraising, your aim and purpose should be in line with the amount of money you would like to raise and its intended purpose. Sponsors and golfers are more likely to write checks when they feel they are writing them to a well-organized organization with a direction. Therefore, ensure that your mission elicits a noble feeling in anyone you want to ask for support from.
Volunteers offer a great option for staffing a golf fundraiser. Several people seek to volunteer because golf tournaments are fascinating and thrilling to take part in. All they may need to do is ask them to do so. However, as you work with your fundraising committee, remember to:
- Identify and Recruit Volunteers. Contact vendors and firms in your field and offer them what they desire, for instance, the opportunity to network, serve, form networks, pay dues, take part in activities, and recognition.
- Provide direction and make them accountable. Set objectives and provide written instructions. If you provide instructions and then regularly monitor the staff, you will increase their production.
- Encourage and appreciate your volunteers. Presents, rewards, exposure, and acknowledgment are just a few examples of what you can offer them as a show of gratitude.
Contacting a Golf Course
To book, enter a deal with the golf course where you wish to hold your event and let them know the expected attendance. You can also specify a deadline for giving the golf course your exact attendance figures for your event.
Deciding on a Cost Structure and Putting Together a Sponsorship Package
The costs of golf tournaments are often fairly substantial. When arranging your event, consider your event loyalists, and ensure that your calculations account for both the cause you are collecting funds for and the resources you are putting into it.
A sponsorship package is critical to the success of any fundraising. Since sponsors want to understand what their sponsorship bundles include, have categories for your fundraising such that sponsors can choose which funding ticket is ideal for them.
Engaging with sponsors allows you to save money by encouraging them to supply products for services or distribute some of their commodities during the event without you covering all the spending. Another advantage is that you do not have to limit yourself to only one sponsor.
You can spread the news about your golf tournament fundraiser in several ways. The most effective ones are:
- Text promotion. Despite having a 98 percent engagement rate, most people still underplay this option. You can employ texting to encourage volunteers and peer-to-peer receivers, besides sending out an event statement with a link to your online form.
- Email. If your organization already has a mailing list, now is the chance to put it to work! Create an email marketing strategy that begins with a save-the-date message and concludes with a thank-you note incorporating a post-event survey. You can also collect volunteers, highlight sponsorships, and send out snippets for whichever sale, raffle, or auctioned products.
- Social media. Staging a Facebook event or using videos to tease auctioned products or awards for best performers are great examples of this advertising strategy. However, ensure that you freshen up the content to keep your audience intrigued, and avoid over-posting.
- Press Releases. You can have your ads broadcasted by local media, or approach local bloggers to see if they can help promote your event.
- Printed publications. Making promotional posters, banners, and flyers is still an excellent method of getting the word out about your event.
A golf tournament is a thrilling, family-friendly approach to gathering funds for your cause. We believe the advice above helps you figure out how to successfully stage a golf tournament fundraiser and get the funds you need for your organization. The team at American Hole 'n One covers tournaments and promos, making sure that you draw golfers, tournament guests, and sponsorships with significant rewards while minimizing risk. Our services increase venue and sponsorship enthusiasm and exposure, which makes each tournament more unforgettable and prosperous. Please contact us today or submit an online quotation request.